of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. LAWRENCE GREY, #11-1518, requests authorization to construct a 285 linear foot riprap revetment channelward of an eroding bluff extending ten (10) feet over jurisdictional beach, adjacent to his property situated along the James River at 13901 Weyanoke Road in Charles City County. A Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit is required.
6. SHOANSY PRESERVATION SOCIETY, #11-1146, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain 162 linear feet of open-pile pier, two (2) uncovered boatlifts, and additional authorization to construct a 30-foot long by 20-foot wide (600 square feet) open-sided boathouse over one of the lifts at an existing community pier on Stampers Bay of the Piankatank River at the end of Shoansy Lane in Middlesex County.
7. TUCKER'S BOAT RENTAL & STORAGE, LLC, #12-0021, requests authorization to construct a replacement concrete boat ramp, two (2) timber jetties, a new downriver tending pier and three (3) low-profile timber groins at their existing boat rental facility situated along the York River in King & Queen County. Both Coastal Primary Dune and Beaches and Subaqueous Lands Permits are required.
8. ARCHIE AND SHEILA BATCHELOR, #11-1757, request authorization to construct 206 linear feet of timber bulkhead, up to two (2) feet channelward of an existing, failing bulkhead, landward of mean low water, along their shorefront beach property situated adjacent to the James River at 810 Jordan Point Road in Prince George County. The project requires a Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches permit.
9. TIM McCULLOCH, #2011-088, requests authorization to lease up to 27 acres of oyster planting ground within The Thorofare, in York County. The application is protested by an adjacent oyster ground leaseholder, who has also applied for a portion of the same area (Gregory and Elizabeth Garrett, #2011-117).
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-620-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Summer Flounder," to establish the 2012 recreational fishery management measures.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-900 et seq., "Pertaining to Horseshoe Crabs" to establish the 2012 commercial quota and allocations to each gear type.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-910-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Scup (Porgy)," to establish a 50,000 pound trip limit for the commercial winter fishery.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-950-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass," to establish the 2012 commercial directed and by-catch quotas.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-1240-10 et seq.,"Fishermen Identification Program," to clarify conditions for which a registration in the program is necessary.
16. Approval of the 2012 Oyster Restoration Program and its procurement procedures.
17. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-1250-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Tagging of Shellfish," to clarify and improve enforcement of the tagging requirements.
18. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-1260-10 et seq., "Pertaining to River Herring" to exempt the possession of river herring on freshwater impoundments from the moratorium.
19. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to regulation 4VAC20-950-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass," to establish the 2012 recreational fishing season
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. MANASSAS REGIONAL AIRPORT, #09-1612, requests authorization to expand two existing bridges over Broad Run, associated with the expansion of Runway 16L/34R, resulting in approximately 7,740 square feet of encroachment for a 144 linear foot extension on the east side of the bridge and a 104 linear foot extension on the west side of the bridge and for Taxiway B, resulting in approximately 1,140 square feet of encroachment, for a 21 linear foot extension on the east side of the bridge and a 17 linear foot extension on the west side of the bridge, to repair and replace existing Class II and Class III riprap as needed along approximately 1,300 linear feet of stream channel, to construct temporary cofferdams for working in the dry, and to install a temporary 80 linear foot by 15 linear foot clear span bridge in Prince William County.
2B. MEADWESTVACO VIRGINIA CORPORATION, #11-1750, requests authorization to construct a single span bridge measuring approximately 180-feet long by 34-feet wide crossing 108 linear feet of the Jackson River in the City of Covington as part of a proposed biomass-fueled power generation facility. The proposed two-lane bridge will include a pedestrian walkway to one side, and above which, a two-level utility bridge will be constructed. No instream work is required for the bridge installation. Staff recommends approval with a royalty of $7,344.00 for the encroachment over 3,672 square feet of State-owned submerged land at a rate of $2.00 per square foot.
2C. VIRGINIA ELECTRIC & POWER COMPANY, #12-0092, requests authorization to make repairs and replace approximately 95 linear feet of 24-inch pipeline along the existing Plains Marketing L. P. Yorktown Pier to refurbish and return to service Dominion Electric Power's Pipeline 150 at their Yorktown Oil Terminal along the York River in York County. Recommend approval with an encroachment royalty of $285.00 for the encroachment of the new pipeline over 95 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $3.00 per linear foot.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.