1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and
with staff recommendation for approval).
MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. SIX M LLC, #14-0486, requests authorization to install 13 timber mooring dolphins, each consisting of 7-pile clusters arranged on 50-foot centers for a total length of 600 feet, in the vicinity of 425 Campostella Drive situated along an unnamed tributary to the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Norfolk. The project is protested by several adjacent property owners.
6. BEDFORD REGIONAL WATER AUTHORITY, #15-0283, requests authorization to install an eight-inch PVC water main under 75 linear feet of Goose Creek, utilizing directional jack and bore methodology, as part of the Lakes to Forest Water Line Extension Project near Route 122 in Bedford County. The project is protested.
7. GILES COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, #12-0739, requests after-the-fact authorization to cross 140 linear feet of Doe Creek at three (3) locations adjacent to U.S. Route 460 by installing a new concrete-encased water line, by trench method, a minimum of six (6) inches beneath the streambed in Giles County.
8. BUCHANAN COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, #14-1196, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 50-foot long by 15-foot wide clearspan vehicle crossing of Big Prater Creek along Deep Creek Road in Buchanan County.
9. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
11. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-252-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Taking of Striped Bass" to increase the minimum size limit from 32-inches to 36-inches, for the trophy-size striped bass recreational fisheries in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and Coastal Area.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-1090-10 et seq., "Pertaining to License Requirements and License Fees," to reinstate recreational fishing license fees to previous, lower October 2014 amounts.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed final adoption of emergency amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-1280-10 et seq., "Pertaining to License Revocations," to establish penalties for individuals who violate a Commission-issued revocation of fishing licenses or fishing privileges, in order to minimize damage to the seafood industry or public health.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-620-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Summer Flounder," that will close the summer flounder commercial offshore fishery on April 19, 2015.
16. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-950-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass," to establish the 2015 recreational season for black sea bass, as May 15 through September 21 and October 22 through December 31.
17. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-1270-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Atlantic Menhaden," to establish the 2015 commercial non-purse seine menhaden bait sector quota as 4,629,542 pounds. This is a quota reduction to account for the 2014 quota landings overage of this sector.
18. RECOMMENDATION: From the Commercial Fishing Advisory Board, on funding a river herring sampling project from the Virginia Marine Fishing Improvement Fund.
19. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: On proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-490-10 et seq. "Pertaining to Sharks," to advertise the establishment of an increase in the spiny dogfish commercial harvest quota for the upcoming fishing season, May 1 through April 30.
20. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: On proposed amendments to Chapters 4 VAC 20-270-10 et seq. "Pertaining to Crabbing" and 4 VAC 20-752-10 et seq. "Pertaining to Blue Crab Sanctuary," in order to ensure conservation of the blue crab resource.
21. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: On proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-1290-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Relaying of condemned shellfish," to establish a daily permit and associated fee for the harvest and relay of condemned shellfish.PAGE 2 ITEMS
2A. RICHMOND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, #15-0275, requests authorization to demolish and replace the 168 linear foot "Intermediate Terminal Dock" within the same footprint, replacing its failing timber pilings with metal sheet pilings driven in the same locations at 3101 Wharf Street, along the James River between Rocketts Landing and Gillies Creek, in the City of Richmond. Staff recommends approval of the project with a special permit condition for a time-of-year restriction of February 15 through June 30 to protect anadromous fish species.
2B. VIRGINIA BEACH DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, #15-0254, requests authorization to construct a new channel fender system under the new Lesner Bridge currently being constructed over the Lynnhaven Inlet in Virginia Beach. Each fender will be 225 feet in total length and consist of horizontal timbers attached to steel piles extending a minimum of seven feet above the mean high water elevation. The fenders will be lighted, include three-foot wide catwalks on the exterior sides, and provide 150 feet of horizontal clearance for the existing federal channel under the bridge.
2C. U.S. COAST GUARD, #15-0148, requests authorization to construct two (2) 7-foot wide by 73-foot long travel lift piers to replace the existing piers, and to construct a 17-foot wide by 12-foot long timber maintenance pier adjacent to 4000 Coast Guard Boulevard situated along the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth.PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.