of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. HENRICO COUNTY, #05-0852, requests authorization to modify an existing permit to construct two (2) instream raw water intake structures with debris deflector, transmission lines and back flush lines, which will extend approximately 80 feet channelward of ordinary high water in the James River in Cumberland County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
6. AMHERST COUNTY SERVICE AUTHORITY, #08-0619, requests authorization to install a raw water intake structure with debris deflector, 24-inch transmission lines and back wash lines extending approximately 630 feet channelward of ordinary high water within the James River in Amherst County. The project is protested by adjacent property owners.
7. LAWRENCE GREY, #11-1518, requests authorization to install a 160 linear foot riprap revetment a maximum of three (3) feet channelward of mean high water, and to backfill approximately 2,680 square feet of jurisdictional beach landward of the revetment for bank stabilization adjacent to his property situated along the James River, located at 13901 Weyanoke Road in Charles City County.
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-960, "Pertaining to Tautog," to achieve a 50.5 percent reduction in commercial and recreational harvests and to comply with the provisions of the Interstate Fishery Management Plan.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Andrew Sturgis requests approval to license and locate four pound nets along the Eastern Shore.
11. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: American Shad: Continuing the by-catch fishery in 2012.
12. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Golden Tilefish: Increasing the commercial trip limit to conform to the federal rule.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. CITY OF ROANOKE, #11-0852,
requests authorization to replace the existing Old Mountain Road Bridge in the City of Roanoke, the new bridge will be downstream of the existing bridge and will be a two (2) span bridge measuring approximately 131-feet long by 56-feet wide with one pier installed in the streambed of Tinker Creek.
All stream work will be accomplished in coffer dams and the old bridge will be demolished after completion of new bridge.
2B. FLUOR ENTERPRISES, INC., #08-2001, requests authorization to modify an existing permit to allow the installation of 120 linear feet of riprap revetment extending a maximum of five-feet (5) channelward of ordinary high water along Aquia Creek, and to modify the size of the previously authorized bridges to a 160-foot long by approximately 52-foot wide clear span bridge along Aquia Creek and a 180 foot long by 52-foot wide clear span bridge along Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William and Stafford Counties.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
3A. SEYED FALSAFI, #11-0909, requests authorization to retain a 260 linear foot riprap revetment extending a maximum of 6-foot channelward of mean low water impacting 932 square feet of subaqueous bottom, adjacent to his property at 835 Herbert Springs Road, situated along the Potomac River in Fairfax County. The applicant agrees to pay a civil charge in the amount of $1,800.00 in lieu of further enforcement action. Staff recommends approval with a triple permit fee totaling $300.00 and acceptance of the aforementioned civil charge.
3B. SHIELDS PROPERTIES, LLC, #10-1116, requests an after-the-fact permit modification to their 45-foot long by 10-foot wide L-head pier that was constructed 3.9 feet further channelward than authorized by their permit, adjacent to their property along Assateague Channel near the mouth of Sheepshead Creek at 7536 East Side Road in the Town of Chincoteague.
The applicant and contractor have both agreed to pay a civil charge in the amount of $600.00 each in lieu of further enforcement action. Staff recommends approval and acceptance of the aforementioned civil charge.
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.