Gwynn Island Reef was reconfigured to a square site located 1.35 nautical miles NE of "Hole in the Wall".
The reef contains a variety of structures, including concrete igloos and stacked tire units (TICs). McLean Contracting Company donated and deployed 3762 tons of concrete bridge decking. Hanson Pipe Company donated 1000 tons of concrete pipe, which were deployed with Saltwater Fishing License revenue.
The center of this reef site is marked with a yellow VMRC buoy designated "GI".